Tuesday 3 January 2017

Break Your Fast!

With so many new people starting Weight Watchers, I thought I would share a list of foods I regularly eat for breakfast. (I'll do snacks, lunch and dinner in other posts) It took me quite a few months to find my rhythm but how I eat now has become quite automatic which is good because I don't have to think too hard. Who needs thinking too hard?


Start the day off right!

Here is a list of foods I always have on hand for breakfast. I'll add a few other things that I know my fellow Weight Watchers friends also eat to complete the list. Keep in mind, I'm shopping in Canada.

Lou's Back Bacon



Found at Superstore and Walmart. 2sp for 5 pieces. I only have one for breakfast so it is 0 points. Winning!! This back bacon gets nice and crispy and has a nice flavour.

Little Big Bread

This bread is made right here in Canada and is a low calorie sprouted bread. You can have 2 slices for 3sp or 1 slice for 1sp. I eat it with eggs, pb, grilled cheese sandwiches. It's great. Flavour is awesome too!

Laughing Cow Cheese
I use this spread on Little Big Bread or Ryvita Crackers as a snack but I eat it on the Nat Special every day. You can find out more about my fave breakfast here. Most wedges are 1sp each but check to make sure. They vary.

Eggs
The most perfect food in the world. If you don't believe me, read this. Eggs are the best protein to have on hand - especially in hard boiled form for snacks. You can make them so quickly if you have an Instant Pot Duo-60 I got for Christmas. Yay!! BEST TOY EVER!! (I will be posting way more about the Instant Pot soon). But for breakfast, I just fry mine in a smidge of butter or without. But mostly with. :D A little fat won't kill ya! Eggs are 2 sp each. Many people will also have egg whites on hands which you can add to omelettes and to bulk up a regular egg without adding points.

Also, my friend has a farm and I usually get eggs from her. I'm an egg snob!

Oats in a Jar

I actually don't eat these as a breakfast but save them in the fridge for snacks but other people love them for both. Here is just one combination but you can do anything you'd like. I describe it as more of a cereal than an oatmeal. I think that's why I like it! Just interchange the fruit, add cocoa powder, PB2, etc. Fun! Here are the basics:

1/4 cup skyr greek yogurt (President's Choice brand from Superstore) (1sp)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (0 sp)
1/4 cup steel cut oats (4 sp)
Fruit of choice: banana, berries, cooked pureed pumpkin, etc.
Other flavours: vanilla, spices like cinnamon, cocoa powder, PB2, etc.

Mix it all up in a mason jar and let chill overnight in the fridge. Stir it up in the morning and enjoy!



Veggies
I used to make a deconstructed omelette for breakfast before I started making the Nat special. I basically sautéed a bunch of veggies in a bit of olive oil and served it with an egg and spicy mayo on top. A nice low-carb meal.

Fruit
I usually have half a banana for breakfast. Why? Because I like it?! I like the balance fruit brings to my breakfasts.

Coffee Creamer
I still use my FULL FAT hazelnut coffee creamer. Since I only have one cup a day usually, I count the 2 smart points and move on. It's worth it for me.

Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes
Kodiak Cakes are a high protein pancake and waffle mix. I'm not a big pancake fan personally but I know a lot of my wwers homies love these because the added protein makes them lower in points and they fill you up really well. Topped with low fat Cool Whip and fruit or PB and banana, a little side of Lou's Back Bacon - you're laughing! You can get Kodiak Cakes at select Costco locations in Canada.


I hope this helps you with your breakfast options. I tend to keep my breakfasts between 4 to 6 smart points so I can enjoy more food later. Ha! 30 smart points a day don't get you very far. You have to be strategic :)

What are your fave breakfasts?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Five Things That Never Crossed My Mind Before Covid 19

It is absolutely insane how our lives have done a completely 360 in less than a month. It does demonstrate, however, how adaptable we as hum...