Wednesday 4 January 2017

Snack Attack!

Quick... you have this sudden urge to snack but you're on Weight Watchers and you can't just eat a bag of chips anymore. What do you do? You ask your pal Nat for her all-time favourite Weight Watchers friendly snacks, of course! Here's my list:

Boom Chicka Pop




My favourite snack! Light, tender, perfectly salted kernels of popcorn. And only 1 sp per cup! You can find it at Costco, Sobeys, Superstore... Most places have it. Just make sure it's the lightly salted. The kettle corn is way higher!

Laughing Cow Cheese



These are so versatile on crackers, on their own with fruit... I will spread one wedge over two Ryvita Crackers for 3sp. Sometimes I'll put salsa on top of that. Yum! Most wedges are 1sp each.

Ryvita Crispbreads
These rye crackers are kind of dry but when topped with cheese or peanut butter, you can't go wrong for 1 sp for a big cracker. I usually have 2 with some Laughing Cow Cheese.

PB2




PB2 is a dehydrated peanut butter powder in which some of the fat is extracted making it really low in points. You can have 2 tbsp of the powder for 1sp. I reconstitute it with water and have it with fruit. I also like mixing it with 95% light Cool Whip as a topping for fruit. So good! Most health food stores like GNC carry it.

Kraft Whipped Peanut Butter and Dip




Sometimes you just need the "real deal" peanut butter. Kraft Whipped Peanut Butter is 2sp for 1 tbsp. I will have this on my toast in the morning with banana or as a dip for apples. A good hit of protein, too.

Veggie Straws




These are controversial. Only because I'm addicted to them. 😜  I actually don't have them in my house anymore because I can't stop. But they do satisfy that salty, fatty, crunchy craving when it arises, if you can stop at just one portion. You can have 34 Veggie Straws for 4 sp. Most stores, including Costco, sell them.

Frozen Fruit
I especially love frozen cherries. As long as they aren't blended into a smoothy or have sugar added, frozen fruit are 0 smart points. I will slightly warm berries or cherries in the microwave and then top with Cool Whip or mix them up with Jello Mousse Cups or Jello Pudding which are 2sp each.

Jell-o Fat-Free Pudding Cups
These come in various flavours but also in mousse form. They are 2 sp each and you can find them in the refrigerator sections at most stores. The chocolate mousse mixed with frozen cherries and topped with 95% Fat Free Cool Whip is like black forest cake. For Realz!

Yours Naturally Turkey Pepperettes
You can find these tasty pepperettes at Costco and they are 1sp each. I find if I'm really hungry, protein is always the snack of choice. It keeps you full longer!

34 Degrees Crisps


These are thin little wafer-like crisps that I picked up at Costco (available at other stores too). I think the idea of these is they are a great vehicle (low cal/low fat vehicle) to hold other yummy toppings like Laughing Cow Cheese, salsa, cream cheese, lox, etc. You can have 9 crackers for 1sp!! Nice!

Hard Boiled Eggs
We are big egg fans in our house and now that we have the Instant Pot Duo-60, we can make our hard boiled in eggs in way less time and keep them in the fridge. Eggs are 2sp and packed with so many amazing vitamins and nutrients. Go eggs!!


WARNING
When it comes to snacking, you need to know what your trigger foods are. At our meeting today, one of the ladies was saying how if you like chips, just get the individual 100 calorie packs. If you aren't a crunchy, salty, fatty addict like I am, that's a perfectly reasonable idea. HOWEVER.... if you know that you won't just have one pack but maybe 6, don't put those foods in your house. Believe me, it's not worth the temptation. I can have Boom Chicka Pop popcorn in my house because I can have my 4 cups and stop there. I can't do the same for Veggie Straws. Be honest with yourself and know your limits.

What are you snacking on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Five Things That Never Crossed My Mind Before Covid 19

It is absolutely insane how our lives have done a completely 360 in less than a month. It does demonstrate, however, how adaptable we as hum...