Tuesday 30 August 2016

Bowling For Lunch!

Bowl for lunch and get your cardio while eating! Ha... Just kidding... That's not really what I meant. But I suppose that would be an idea.

Note to self: start weight watchers lunchtime bowling league and make millions. (Copyright 2016)

All kidding aside, I have a huge love for fitting as much food as I can into a receptacle. In this case, bowls. The reason I love eating food out of bowls is that it always seems like a mountain of food. It's all those tricks are little brains play on us. If we use smaller plates, or bowls instead of plates, it makes it look like we are eating more. And since I only have 31 smart points to use each day, I need my food to look bigger. Bigger is always better. At least when it comes to food. At least for me.

What's In My Bowl?
So what do I put in these bowls, you ask? Well the magic combos usually contain: a protein, a massive amount of veggies, maybe a cheese and some kind of sauce. Notice the lack of carbs. I try not to eat too many carbs at lunch. I do still eat complex carbohydrates but I tend to stay away from too many processed ones. Makes me binge. Bingeing is not cool.

Here are a few ideas of bowls!

Greek Bowl:
- Leftover cooked chicken (3oz for 2sp)
- Lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes (0 sp!!)
- Olives (10 for 1 sp)
- Feta cheese (1/2 oz for 1 sp)
- Tzatziki sauce (I use Opa! brand: 1sp for 2 tbsps. I just want to shout "Opa!"and throw a plate.)
- Fresh dill

Directions: mix it. eat it. love it. Opa! (I added couscous to this one too. Optional)
Total smart points: 5sp

 Tuna Salad Bowl:
- Tuna (I use the Gold Seal no drain tuna in safflower oil because it's jucier. A 1/4 cup is 2sp)
- Veggies: cucumbers, green onion, grated carrot or whatever your crisper is about to un-crisp
- Light mayo (1 tbsp is around 2sp. You could use greek yogurt if you like it better)
- Salt, pepper, paprika
- Heck, if you're feeling wild, throw a hardboiled egg in there too! 2sp

Directions: Open the can of tuna. Wait until your kids say "ew, tuna". Mix the tuna with everything else and eat it. Alone. I never have to share a tuna bowl. Haha, suckers!
Total smart points: 6 (with egg)

Burrito Bowl:
- Cooked lean ground beef (3 oz is 3sp)
- Black beans (1/4 cup for 1sp)
- Corn (1/4 cup for 1sp)
- Avocado (1/4 of the fruit for 3sp)
- Other veggies: red onion, green onion, cilantro, lettuce
- Fat free sour cream (1/4 cup is 1sp)
- Salsa: most kinds are 0sp
- Cheddar (optional)

Directions:
Yeah, you get it now. Total smart points: 9

Yay for bowls!!! Aren't they just the happiest little dishes around? Fill them with love and they'll love you right back. So get out there and hug a bowl, would ya!

What are some of your fave bowls?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Five Things That Never Crossed My Mind Before Covid 19

It is absolutely insane how our lives have done a completely 360 in less than a month. It does demonstrate, however, how adaptable we as hum...