Wednesday 31 August 2016

What I ate...

Welcome to my first exciting installment of what I ate!


I would tell you 'suck it, Morpheus!' There is a perfectly good reason why I choose to show every last piece of food I've eaten since February... It's called accountability. If I'm posting a picture of my food, there's a pretty good chance I'm not going to overdo the portions and there will be a nice balance of veggies and fruit on there too. It also forces me to make my food look somewhat appetizing because I'm OCD and I wouldn't post ugly food pics. I think I enjoy my food because it's prettier. Martha Steward would be proud.

Posting food pics works. Here's the science. Swallow that pill, matrix boy!


On to today's eats!


Breakfast:

My friends on Weight Watchers started making my strange yet delicious breakfast and called it "The Nat Special". I may have actually started the name first... I can't remember. Either way, it cracks me up. Here's what's in it:
- Silver Hills Little Big Bread (low calorie sprouted bread - the best and 1sp for a slice)
- Laughing Cow Cheese 1 sp
- PC Blue Menu Twice the Fruit Raspberry Jam (1 sp for 1 tbsp)
- 1 slice Lou's Applewood Smoked Back Bacon 0sp (yes.... 1 slice is 0!)
- 1 farm fresh egg (2sp because I cook it on a non-stick frying pan. No fat)
- A side of fruit - I mix it up usually: berries, bananas, peaches, grapefruit, etc.
Everything is piled on top of the toast in the order given. Minus the fruit. That stays on the side. :)
Total: 5sp
*A note on the back bacon... I love this stuff! Amazing flavour and nice thin slices that crisp up. Like real bacon! I hate thick back bacon. I buy it at Superstore.


Lunch:

Took my daughter for her first set of highlights today. Very subtle, no bleach, just colour. She's so excited :) We got home at 1pm so my lunch was later than usual but luckily I had all the makings for a Greek bowl.
- 2 oz pork roast leftovers (3sp)
- 1/2 oz feta cheese (1sp)
- 1/2 cup leftover cooked potatoes (2sp - cleaning the fridge)
- Veggies: cucumbers, tomatoes, dill
- 2 tbsp Opa! Tzatziki sauce (1sp)
Mix it all up and eat it!
Total: 7sp


Dinner:

I've been fantasizing about this Boursin creation since I had this dip at my cousin's house a few weeks ago. But instead of using it as a dip, I used it as a sauce for my grilled chicken. We had a salad on the side. Here's how you make the dip/sauce:

- 1 brick of Boursin Garlic and Fine Herb soft cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 3 tbsp pesto (I used Scarpones)

Place the Boursin in an oven safe baking dish. Sauté the onion in the olive oil until softened. Add the tomatoes and pesto. Mix until blended. Remove from heat and pour over cheese. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes. You could eat it with crackers as a dip or pour it over your grilled chicken like I did. And die from sheer joy!
1/4 of the dip/sauce is 6 sp

I may have had just a little bit more than my 6sp worth of sauce. And I may have had some with Bretons while the chicken grilled. It was sooooo goood!!! Tracked and enjoyed!

Good night, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Five Things That Never Crossed My Mind Before Covid 19

It is absolutely insane how our lives have done a completely 360 in less than a month. It does demonstrate, however, how adaptable we as hum...